Thursday, April 9, 2009

Close up of Resin City - In Progress

So, although you probably don't know me, you may have gathered from this blog that I like doing a lot of things. I like painting (watercolors, acrylics, gouache, encaustic...), I like knitting (with fancy, beautiful yarns), I like printmaking (letterpress, silkscreen, woodcuts...) I like embroidery (preferably my own designs), I like sewing (blouses mostly), I like cooking (with fresh vegetables)....

Because of this, I have a hard time concentrating on any one project. I will usually dedicate myself to one project per week, and switch between them. I recently finished my cloud embroidery project, I am almost done with my blouse, and I am working on a knitting project (blanket pieces) while I watch movies at home. These little paintings have sat neglected for a month now.
They are acrylic and resin on panel, with many layers of paint and resin. I am really, really pleased with them, but the layering on this piece is especially lovely and unexpected.

So tonight I am going to work on these, and save my other projects for the weekend. But on Saturday, I will be celebrating Bobmas and knitting all afternoon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment