Monday, August 9, 2010

Amy Butler Anna Tunic


new tunic dress thing, originally uploaded by maybeemily.
I have had this pattern in my stash for about a year now, and haven't had the perfect fabric or occasion to make it. But! Last Friday I went to a lovely wedding, and the week before I could not decide what to wear to this fantastic event. With a free night or two I was able to sew this up fast!

I think I have a better picture of the whole mini-dress somewhere in all those wedding photos... When I find it I will post it!

The pattern was very easy to follow, but had lovely details. The yoke neckline is so elegant! My changes were:
Increased the bust and waist inches
Added back darts
Used a wide grosgrain ribbon as a belt
Added a lace hem

I have had this beautiful fabric in my studio for a while! I bought it from EmilyMe on Etsy. It has a lovely drape, and the screenprinted flowers are so opaque and bright! (For a better photo of the fabric, check out the SOLD etsy page. You can really see the ink standing up off the fabric. All of the fabrics that she has are AMAZING and I highly recommend you take a peek.

No comments:

Post a Comment