Monday, October 19, 2009

Business license, credit cards, taxes, oh my....

Today I have entered the world of BUSINESS. I have spent the morning looking up the ins and outs of getting a business license. The entire process is WAY more confusing than I thought it would be. Not only is there a license needed for Washington state, but also for Seattle. I need to have my UBI number to open a business checking account at my credit union. I need to actually BE ORGANIZED which is really, really difficult for me.
First step - cleaning the studio up and utilizing one of the 5 sets of filing cabinets we have in here.

I am also looking at accepting credit cards for the Urban Craft uprising. Etsy members say that ProPay is awesome, and to forget about the iPhone apps. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm not sure how comfortable buyers would be with entering their credit card info over the phone, but I want to be able to accept their business as well!

Off to clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment