Friday, July 16, 2010

Urban Craft Uprising recap!


Tako Fibers vendor table, originally uploaded by maybeemily.

Yay! Pictured above is how my vendor table turned out at this years Urban Craft Uprising summer show! Posing with the table is my dear friend Brytt, who kindly helped me out the first day of the show. (Thanks, Brytt!) The lovely banner was made by Liz, and it is the cutest thing ever.

On Saturday I presented a demo on DIY Embroidered buttons.
Urban Craft Uprising!
It went so well! My students made beautiful buttons like these:
Urban Craft Uprising!

Urban Craft Uprising!

Urban Craft Uprising!

And some had never even embroidered before, but were very pleased with their results!

Urban Craft Uprising!

Sunday was busy busy busy! Many people came back that had come on Saturday. Also, Sunday was the big Bastille Day celebration at the Seattle Center, so I think a lot of people wandered over from that. Liz helped me out on Sunday, and whenever we weren't helping customers we were practicing our embroidered button skillz:

Embroidered Buttons!

The feeling for the whole event was very different than the Winter show. At this show, I felt like everyone was looking and contemplating more. There were not as many impulse purchases. It also seemed that people were looking to purchase for themselves (and not for gifts) so they were a bit choosier!

After a long weekend of selling, I left happy (and with a lovely tympan notebook from ilfant!)
Urban Craft Uprising!

Check out all my pictures from the show in my UCU flickr set, and also be sure to peek at the UCU flickr group!

I'll hopefully see everyone at the winter show!

2 comments: